Hunting 2011

Home Up


It is hard to believe that another year has passed so quickly and time is certainly not waiting on any of us which I am sure is a good thing.  Today is April 9, 2011 and the temperature this early morning was around  59 degrees F. with no breeze stirring at all and very few clouds making for a gorgeous sunrise.  There is a multitude of different green hues present on many of the trees and bushes with half to full growth leaves already and offering a good amount of ground cover and camouflage which is greatly needed to help reduce the ole Long Beards uncanny ability to detect when something just doesn't look  right and presents a potential danger and the ole boy will react in a micro second to evade such danger!

With all my turkey hunting gear assembled which would fill a standard size wheel barrow, I loaded everything and headed out the door around 5:45 A.M. for a ten (10) mile drive to Randy Steele's home in Carson's Old Field, North Carolina to hunt with him on his property which borders the south fork of Jones Creek here in Anson County, North Carolina.

Randy has been listening to some ole long beards hammering off about daybreak the past week and had a place selected for us and it didn't take too long before we were in the turkey woods and heard several long beards gobbling in the distance but nothing was sounding off close by where he had heard them a few days earlier but we decided to set-up at that location anyway.

It was around 8:15 before we heard one gobble across the creek a couple hundred yards in front of our position and he would not respond to any calling which is normal for those birds on and adjacent to his track of land.  As luck would have it for Mr. Long Beard, the only place that we did not have good visibility of an approaching long beard, you guessed it, there he was out in front of us about 15 yards and the old boy figured something was a miss and walked off before either of us could get a shot.  Randy saw the ole Long Beard before I did and he though that the BLUE on his head was one of the blue timber company tree markings and he was partly concealed behind a small cedar tree that was knocked down during the recent logging operation since the area was clear cut several weeks earlier and he whispered to me, there is a bird in front of you but when I saw him he was slowing walking back down the crest or knoll where he had approached our position from.  I plan to see if I can get Randy set up on the State Eye Plan for glasses so he can quickly distinguish the blue on a turkey's head from the blue paint the timber company uses to mark their boundaries.  We both had a good grin on this one!  A few minutes later, I clucked on a glass call with a purple heart wood striker and a Jake came silently to our position from the same direction that the Long Beard had came from and walked on by us within 12 yards or less and clucked a few times and continued on his way.  The Jake and hen decoys that I had placed were not visible from the direction the Long Beard and the Jake came from so that hurt our chances of harvesting that Long Beard today.

This mornings hunt was very enjoyable and there is nothing  like being in the woods on such a beautiful spring morning with an abundance of all types of birds serenading of which Mother Nature graciously displays.  Randy and myself are looking forward to another days hunt next week. 

NOTE:  I checked with a couple of my hunting buddies yesterday afternoon, John Gaddy of Polkton, NC and David Stewart of Ellerbe, NC and the ole Long Beards won out on their hunts as well.  John Gaddy was like Randy and myself, two Long Beards came in on his wrong shooting side and didn't offer a shot and David's Long Beard was turned around by a couple fisherman too close to the bank talking too loud and turned the ole Long Beard around as he was on his final approach to some sweet seductive clucking that David was doing.

I plan to make a Wild Turkey Bog using a wild turkey breast that I harvested last year and the recipe Chicken Bog is on my Poultry Page under the Recipes page.  I  will substitute the wild turkey for the chicken and leave my original recipe the same.  I am looking forward to trying that recipe tomorrow with great anticipation!  

NOTE:  The Wild Turkey Bog was pretty good but I could have left the turkey breast in the pressure cooker about 10 minutes longer since it was still a little "chewy" and the rice was a little tough instead of my usual "sticky rice" as I call it. 


 I got up this morning around 5:15 A.M. and was out the door around 5:30 after a quick bowl of cereal and my morning Senior Citizen medications......grin if you must!  This morning was very foggy and overcast with a slight breeze although the weather prophets predicted the temperature would be around 83ish or so and they were right on the money.

Randy Steele had a new place picked out for us that he has seen some turkeys in the afternoon feeding across a winter rye field and we made our way there which took around 5 minutes.  We walked about 200 yards to the selected site and owl hooted a few times and did not get a response.  The fog was extremely thick and a light mist was falling with the ceiling very low around 6:30 A.M.  Since nothing sounded off, we decided to set up next to an old dilapidated barbed wire fence line and a large oak tree was my choice for my Cabelas Lounger to rest in front of.

I placed a hen and Jake decoy out in front about 20 yards from our position and he was going to cover the left side of the field and myself covering the right side since I shoot left handed and the right side is a left handed shooters preferred shooting side.  A few soft yelps on one of my Porter Custom Dual Hens box calls didn't bring a response and continued to help and cluck about every 15 minutes and we didn't hear a single gobble or yelp, cluck, etc. the entire morning. 

About 8:00 A.M. Randy said, "There goes a coyote across the field to my left" and I saw the coyote before it exited the field which was about 100 yards from our position.  I asked Randy if he wanted me to try and call him in and he said "Yes".  I had one of Ernie Wilson's Custom Cocobolo predator calls in my left shirt jacket pocket and quickly retrieved it and proceeded to imitate a cottontail rabbit in distress  and within a few seconds the coyote was heading right toward our position at a slow to moderate pace and when he got right in front of Randy's position I saw Randy jerk the gun back as if his gun had recoiled; (a case of a bad flinch) and I thought that was I going to have to shoot the coyote and about that time when the coyote was within a few feet from the turkey decoys, Randy's gun finally gave out a loud report and the coyote never knew what hit him.  Randy was using a collector's Remington model 1100 12 gauge shotgun chambered for 2 3/4 inch shells and Hevi-13 shot shells # 5 shot size.  Below are a few pixs of this mornings set-up and the harvested coyote; click on thumbnails for a larger view: 


We saw a couple Long Beards about 300 yards on the adjacent property and both were with a hen....maybe next time!  Bill Porter.


The score so far is: Long Beard 2, Hunters 0......grin if you must!  Randy decided to go back to the place we hunted on opening day and give it another day.  The weather was definitely not the best, intermittent light sprinkling rain, and of course dark sky and clouds moving rapidly across the horizon with wind gusts probably 25 to 30 miles per hour.  We picked the same area that was logged out a few weeks ago and set up where we had about 50 to 100 yards visibility;  Pix below:

The decoys were placed to the left in this view and we figured the ole Long Beard would see them from about 50 yards out and give us a chance to get ready for him.  This particular Long Beard will goggle across the creek on the other side of the wood area depicted in this photo but once he gets away from that area on this side of the creek, he has total  "Lock Jaw" and goes into his Stealth mode for and find without detection is his game plan and it worked again today for him.  No telling how many times it has worked for him in the past.

We got in the woods before daylight and the wind was blowing like crazy and went down to the edge of the woods but didn't hear anything but a couple Great Horned Owls sounding off.  I got out my maple wood Camp Caller Owl Hooter and had those owls hooting like crazy with them nearly laughing at times.  All the while we were hooting at each other, not a single Long Beard gave his position up.   The hooting owls flew in much closer trying to get a fix on what they thought was another one of their feathered kind and I finally got tired of messing with them.

We left the creek bottom area and went into the cut over (pix above) and made a make shift natural blind which had a natural back stop from the trees the loggers left and placed camouflage netting out for a little better concealment.  The ole Long Beard started hammering away sometime around 7:30 A.M. and would leave the field on the other side of the creek of which is about 100 yards away from the creek and he traveled parallel to the creek and then make his way back.  In the course of an hour, he gobbled 25 to 30 times and apparently didn't have any hens with him.  He would not respond to any call made from several different calls which is the norm for the Long Beards at this location and finally he gobbled very close to the creek right over the slight ridge and I gave several cuts and yelps from a time proven and tested box call.  Within a few minutes I whispered to Randy that I see the Long Beard and he was blocked from Randy's view by the few remaining scrub small trees and he was about 60 yards from our position.  The Long Beard stretched his neck what looked like a foot at least and would lower his neck and spread his tail feathers.  He continued to do this a couple times and had full view of the Jake and Hen decoys but would not come out any closer and finally slipped out of view.   The ole boy gobbled at least one other time when he went back across the creek.

We plan to go back and try him again on the 14th but this time will leave the decoys off and Randy will get out in front of me at least 30 or 40 yards and I will continued to do the calling and see if we can ambush the ole boy.  He is more savvy than we are and definitely has been spooked in the past by a decoy set-up.  Nonetheless, a great day to be outdoors enjoying what God has provided for us!  Bill aka Mickey Porter.


This morning was absolutely gorgeous with the sky clear and the wind was either nil or gently blowing at the most.  The alarm clock sounded off while I was in the middle of some type of crazy dream I was having probably triggered by something recently seen on the History TV channel.  After getting dressed, I put a fresh pot of decaf coffee on and quickly consumed a snack before taking my daily meds and filled an insulated coffee mug to the brim and headed out the door which was around 5:35 A.M. and had to make a stop at the post office to mail a couple letters.

I arrived at Randy Steele's home around 6ish and the sky toward the east was getting a little dark reddish golden color with sun rise about 40 minutes or more away and the makings for a wonderful morning to hunt.  The temperature was in the low 40s and I had an extra layer of clothing on the upper body this morning as the weather prophets predicted the high would be around 70 degrees.  Randy was out within a couple minutes and loaded our gear into his Toyota hunting truck and we headed back to the hunting site on 04-11-11 since he had seen a long beard with some hens there last week.

We set-up as before but added an additional hen decoy and after a few hoots on the ole owl call, nothing responded.  Around 7:15 A.M.  we heard a hen or two behind us clucking and the wood were open enough to where they should have been able to see the decoys placed about 20 yards out into the rye grass field.   Around 7:15, I spotted a hen beyond a small wooded island that is in the field about 100 yards from our position on adjacent land that we did not have permission to hunt on and I continued to cluck and yelp with a few different calls but the ole boys would not respond back to us. 

Sometime around 8:00 A.M. I spotted several long beards to my right that came out of the woods and into the field and they proceeded slowly in our direction.  There were three (3) Long Beards, one jake and a hen and the lead Long Beard got within 50 yards and appeared to be "eyeing" the decoys and would not take a step closer.  I was hoping that he would commit to the set-up and gave a few soft yelps but he just kept looking in our direction and finally started walking back in the direction he had came from and I whispered to Randy that I was going to go for him.  I waited until he had his head/neck area upright and squeezed the trigger on  the Remington 11-87 SuperMag 3 1/2 inch chamber shotgun loaded with Hevi-13 Magnum blend shells consisting of 2 1/4 ounces of 5, 6, and 7 shot blended pellets.  I didn't feel the recoil from the gun or barely heard the report of the muzzle blast and guess my adrenalin was at a maximum level.  The Long Beard immediately fell to the ground like a ton of bricks had been dropped on top of him and he flopped around some and the second long beard that was with him ran out  across the open field like he had jet engines attached to his rear end with the after burners kicked in and the others went back into the woods in the direction they came from.  The hen started clucking real loud and everything was quiet within a minute or two.  I stepped the distance off from my position to the downed turkey which was 54 yards, the longest distance to date for a turkey harvest!  I try and limit my shots to around 40 yards but I know the pattern of this shotgun with the Hevi-13 Magnum blend shells and there is enough kinetic energy in those pellets at that range to do some serious damage which is obvious from the pix.  There were several pellets in his head and neck area and don't know how many entered his body from the back area since he was facing away from me.  There were no pellets in his breast.

The decoys have worked excellent in the past getting those Long Beards to come charging in once they spot them but this season so far has been a bust using the decoys and for whatever reason has put the brakes on the Long Beards that have spotted them.  It could possibly be that there are plenty of hens bred already and we are near the end of the breeding cycle and they certainly are not answering any call presented to them or doing any gobbling at this hunt location site, yet they are coming to our position and locking up when they spot the decoys.  We definitely will not use them on the next few days hunt and see what happens and maybe can get some answers.   I have pooled several experts and many are shying away from the usage of decoys for this reason.  Set-up and position are the key elements to nailing that ole Long Beard more so than pretty, fancy calling and that is my humble opinion!

Randy took a pix or two to document our morning hunt.  By the time the final pixs were taken, all the crimson red blood had drained from his waddles and head area which makes for a less colorful picture but I am pleased with the results of today's hunt.  


This Long Beard weighed 15 lbs, had a 9.5 inch length beard, spur length 5/8" and 3/4" and the age of this bird is two years old.  I believe the larger gobbler in the crowd was the second one but he was several yards beyond this Long Beard and did not offer a shot.  Used a Porter's Dual Hen Custom box call with a walnut one piece base and a cedar lid.  Also used an antique Lynch World Champion box call but the last series of yelps and cuts were from the Porter Dual Hens call shown in the pix above.

Also, when I got ready to unload my Remington 11-87 shotgun, the bolt would not retract to the rear and I could tell something was loose behind and under the bolt and took the barrel off while at the truck but was unable to move the bolt.  It is a good thing that I did not need a second shot since I apparently had a single shot shotgun this morning for sure. 

Upon arriving home and quickly removing the breasts from this ole boy and placing in cool salted water, later vacuum sealing, I proceeded to check the Remington 11-87 shotgun out and removed the two trigger plate pins on the receiver and removed the trigger group assembly and noticed that the sliding link which connects to the action spring plug of which that assembly has seven (7) parts and the other end is moved to the rearward by the action bar assembly was not in place (link) and couldn't see any reason why it would be in that position unless only one end of the (link)  was connected into the action spring plug which could account for it cycling ok when loading and unloading the shotgun.  I re-assembled the shotgun and cycled the action and everything was working as it should and hopefully will function as an auto loading shotgun tomorrow if needed.  I  should test fire the weapon before tomorrows hunt but hate the thoughts of firing those 5 buck a piece shells for a function test.  Okay, I know I am frugal!  Any weapon used for security reasons that has been taken apart for inspection and re-assembled, it is mandatory to do a test firing before said weapon is placed back into service. 

Randy and myself plan to go back to the opening season hunting site where Mr. "Lock Jaw" aka "Motor Mouth" Long Beard has tricked us two times in a row and hope we can present him with a new game plan that will ultimately end up with him in some Giblets and Gravy.  

UPDATE:  I called Remington Arms Service Dept. in Madison, NC and they were aware of the link described above becoming disconnected from the plunger which is caused by the usage of extremely heavy loads; e.g. 2 1/2 oz. of shot and the inertia causes the link to actually go forward enough to allow the small rear prongs of the link to get out of the recess area of the plunger that is driven by the recoil spring in the stock.  Remington modified the plunger by increasing the length to solve that problem with the extremely heavy shot loads.  I ordered the part and the shotgun is ready for another season.    


This morning was a repeat of the weather conditions as yesterday and another wonderful day to be in the turkey woods.  The plan Randy and myself devised yesterday to "ambush" the ole Long Beard that has out foxed us two different hunting days already was put into motion with Randy about 40 yards out in front of me and covering the area when he came in as before.  However, this morning the Long Beard started gobbling around 7:00  A.M. and continued to gobble until a little after 9:00 A.M. and Randy said he counted 102 separate gobbles which is the longest duration I have every heard one single Long Beard do.  The Long Beard started out from his usual place and would work the creek bottom back and forth but would not answer a single call delivered to him and I tried a much higher pitched box call than before and still no luck.

After 9:00 A.M., it was more than evident that the ole boy was not going to commit to crossing the creek a third (3rd) time, we decided to go to him which is probably what we should have done the begin with and as soon as we set up about 100 yards from his last gobble, it was total "Lock Jaw" on his part.  Not another single gobble was sounded by the ole boy and he would not answer a call as before.  Pix below of our last set-up without any decoys placed:

I was positioned about 20 yards behind Randy but as I stated above, the ole Long Beard didn't make another sound.

Our plan in the morning will be to get to the edge of lower field and position ourselves back into the woods and wait and see what the Long Beard does.  I plan to use a slate call and another box call that I haven't used before on him and see if he will commit to checking those sounds out.  Randy nicknamed the ole boy "Motor Mouth" with all the gobbling he was doing.


This mornings hunt was pretty much a carbon copy of yesterdays conditions except for a heavy fog which lifted around 9ish or so.  Randy elected to go back to the large rye field set-up where we harvested a Long Beard on 04-13-11 to give ole "Motor Mouth" a rest due to some serious hills and gullies to navigate before getting to where the ole Long Beard has been doing all of his gobbling which is across the creek.

We saw a total of five (5) hens starting around 7:24 that came out of the woods behind us and went into and across the rye field and never heard a single gobble during the four hours we stayed at this location. 

Within hearing distance are several turkey barns and there must have been 5000 turkeys yelping all at the same time...kind of makes our yelping a little meaningless....grin if you must!  Pix below of Randy at his set-up location:


It is back to the work routine next week and will get to hunt on Saturdays and an upcoming Holiday and hopefully will get another opportunity at ole Motor Mouth Long Beard when he is across the creek and we call him Lock Jaw when he comes across the creek because he certainly clams up.  We stayed at least four (4) hours at this set-up and finally called it a day!  There is no use to "run and gun" when the Long Beards are not sounding off and you have limited acreage to hunt!


It was back to the regular routine and grind of earning a living today for myself and I got a call from Randy Steele this morning sometime around 7:34 A.M. of which he related to me the details of his morning hunt as follows:

Randy went back to the area we hunted on 04-15-11 and as soon as he got out of his truck at about 6:30 A.M. he heard a gobbler sounding off very close to where we had set up a couple times already.  He thought the ole boy was beyond the fence line and positioned a single hen decoy out in front in the rye field about 17 yards and the ole Long Beard  hammered away again and he realized he was more directly in front of his position.  Randy clucked a few more times on a glass call and the Long Beard was all fired up and coming toward his position pretty fast and before he could get his shotgun off his leg, the Long Beard appeared in front of him between a deer stand platform and a large pine tree that was about 60 plus yards into the rye field.  You can see the pine tree and tree stand platform in the background of his coyote harvested on 04-11-11.  Randy stated that he was hoping the Long Beard would go behind the pine tree on his approach to give him a chance to re-position his shotgun but the Long Beard continued on in front of the pine tree and headed directly toward the hen decoy and went into about an 80 percent strut.  When the ole Long Beard got within about 5 feet of the hen decoy, Randy was shaking like a dog,  a case of "turkey fever", raised the Remington 1100 shotgun and made a fast shot which knocked the Long Beard down with feathers flying everywhere of which the Long Beard immediately got back up and he fired a second shot to bring him down for the ten count. 

I think I was excited as Randy was hearing him tell the story of his successful harvest and his first Long Beard harvested that he called in himself which is a Classic Text Book Example of how the pros do it as seen on the hunting shows.  Randy has harvested other Long Beards but there is always something magic and exciting when one responds and comes to your call.  It doesn't happen like this but once in a while and a tremendous reward of self satisfaction when a plan comes together, especially since those Long Beards at this hunting location has had total Lock Jaw until this morning! 

The Long Beard weighed 18 lbs. sporting a 9 inch beard and 5/8 inch length spurs with one of them broken back some time in the past.  Below pix of his turkey harvest:

Bill aka Mickey Porter


Today is November 15, 2011 and this was the first archery season in decades that I did not harvested a deer with the ole stick n string. 

Opening morning found me in my favorite tree stand with the wind direction about nil and perfect when a good freezer spike buck came out at about daylight affording a quartering away shot of which I have made many times in the past with good success.  However, that morning, I shot a little too far back and the arrow exited very low on the opposite side, apparently taking out only a small portion of the right lung or at least that is my assessment of the shot.  The buck quickly ran from the immediate area and I did not hear him go down which is a bad sign; normally I hear them fall and thrash around a little. 

After getting down and checking the arrow, it was evident that I clipped the stomach area by the contents near the arrow and I decided to wait several hours before tracking the deer as it was very chilly that morning.  Once I started the track, I had not gone but about 40 or 50 yards before the deer was bleeding profusely and I was certain I would find this deer within a hundred yards.  See inserted pix:

After an hour or two of tracking and going about 500 yards,  the blood trail finally got to just a small droplet or minute speck and the reality was quickly setting in that I might not locate this deer after all.  The trail finally led into a four (4) year old thick cutover with a ton of small saplings and briers and the trail went cold and it was impossible to try and cut circles to pick up the trail again.  The last 40 yards of trailing, I was literally down on hands and knees following the sparse blood trail until it ran out.  I certainly did give it my best effort and it upsets me not to be able to recover an animal that I have killed and/or wounded; but it happens!

To date, I have only seen three (3) deer at my favorite hunting stand of which I attribute to the adjacent 134 acre track of land leased out and the hunters have really put the corn out for the deer and have interrupted their normal travel routes and there has been a good crop of acorns also.  The deer feeding cycle this season has been mostly at night and the extreme hot weather and/or bad weather had put a serious damper on my deer hunting.

The past couple of days, I have hunted on Randy Steele's property near Cason's Old Field, NC and yesterday I saw a total of eight does and one good shooter buck, however I passed on the buck since it was the first buck seen.  Pix of a doe about 100 yards plus from the box stand:


On November 15, 2011 I saw a decent buck about 0632 hours just barely daylight and he was going across a field about 200 yards down wind from the box stand that I was in and he put the brakes on and looked up the field in my direction.  I passed on the shot and the buck quickly exited the field back into the pines thicket he had apparently came from.  The wind was blowing very briskly out of the South directly toward him with myself up wind which is not a good thing.  I left the box blind around 0830 since a dog was running a deer or something in the cutover to my right and decided to call it a day. 


On November 19, 2011, I got up around 5AM and started a pot of coffee and by the time it was brewed, I had gotten all my hunting gear together and dressed for a morning hunt.  I left our home around 5:30 A.M. with the temperature gauge registering 29 degrees on the car and the 10 mile ride to Randy Steele's home at Cason's Old Field, NC took about 20 minutes or less.  The box stand is about 600 yards from where I parked and there was a very heavy frost on the ground that looked like a light snow had fallen. 

There was a minute layer of frozen ice on the wooden ladder going up to the box stand and small entry deck and I was super cautious since the box stand is elevated about 15 feet from the ground using large utility poles as the base/foundation. 

It didn't take long before I fired up the gas heater and it was toasty warm in a short period of time.  See below pix:

Carpet on the floor and sides of the box stand with leftovers from some of Randy's construction projects....grin if you must!

Some time around 6:37 a doe and yearling came out in front of the blind from the woods on the other side of the field which is about 55 yards and cautiously made there way across the plowed field and entered into a pine grove to the right of the stand.   Shots were beginning to ring out in the distance and deer must have been on a time-table for sure as far as their movements were concerned.  I let those deer walk although I haven't harvested a deer for the freezer this year yet and the trigger finger was beginning to itch a little for such a longer period of inactivity this season.  I enjoy hunting but my primary reason is the fill the ole basement freezer with venison and other "fruits of the harvest".

Around 7:00ish the sound of distance gun shots were getting very regular and it didn't take but a couple minutes before a small 6 point buck made his way from behind some oak trees on the far left side of the field near the pasture fence line and slowly worked his way in front of the box stand.  I glassed him with an antique pair of Zeiss 7x42 armored binoculars and decided I would harvest this one for the freezer since his small basket type rack was very unbalanced and no doubt would remain that way.

I put down the binoculars and eased the Remington model 700 BDL left-hand .270 Winchester caliber rifle out the front sliding Plexiglas viewing window, eased the safety lever forward to the off position and quickly placed the heavy duplex cross hairs of the Leopold 3.5x10 power Var-X III scope low and behind the little bucks right front leg and squeezed the trigger.  The little buck quickly exited the edge of the field and ran about 30 yards jumping the pasture fence and heard him go down shortly in the woods near a cut-over. 

It didn't take too long before I had all my gear together, climbed down the box stand wooden ladder and proceeded to locate the little buck.  There was a good blood trail where he jumped the fence and I could see him down about 30 yards in the woods before crossing the barbed wire fence.  I  attempted to take a pix of him but I could not get the wireless remote to operate the camera shutter so left the pix off.  There was a massive hole where the hand loaded 130 grain Sierra soft point boattail bullet ahead of 57 grains of DuPont IMR 4831 powder exited and that particular  load  has performed to perfection the past 30 years for me in the above rifle.    

The deer was quickly field dressed and dragged him to the edge of the field where I loaded him into my vehicle.  I took a pix of the little buck at home prior to skinning and quartering him up:

The buck probably weighted about 125 lbs. which is a "guesstimate" and will make for some "beautimous" eating.

Bill aka Mickey Porter  11-19-11.

Note:  I talked with Randy this morning on 11-23-11 and he asked me how I spelled barbed wire and I spelled it for him and we both had a great laugh because I had spelled it "bob-wire"  in this short story and went back and changed it.  Randy said this little buck still had milk on his mouth and we grinned out loud again.  It is great to be able to laugh and have fun!     


If you do not know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, please take this moment to accept him by Faith into your Life, whereby Salvation will be attained.   

Romans 10:9 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”

Open this link of Bible Verses About Salvation, King James Version Bible (KJV).

Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”


Home Up